Over the next few months, the critically acclaimed farm simulator, Stardew Valley, will be receiving a 4-player co-op mode and will see releases on other OS’s and consoles; according to the game’s recent progress report.
Eric Barone, better known as ConcernedApe, has managed to partner up with publisher Chucklefish to make this a reality, as being a one-man developer would take too long for the technical side of things.
Also mentioned on the report was a slew of new things also planned for the game’s near future:
- More late-game content
- New farm buildings
- New crops
- New artisan goods
- New advanced farming/producing mechanics
- Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
- More marriage content for all spouses
- More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
- Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
- Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
- More bug fixes
- More secrets
- More small, fun touches to the world
The game’s incredible success has already sold over a million copies; even reaching a notoriety of game pirates buying the game for themselves AND other people. If you’ve never played it before, you can see our review the of the game here.