Have you been having an itch to go way back before even the NES days to play some very retro 8-bit games? Well, fret no more! Atari Vault has been announced for Steam, priced at $16.99 until March 31; then will raise to the normal $19.99 price.
Along with bringing back new games, the press release also mentions some more modern updates as well.
- Updated UI: A sleek selection menu allows players to easily search through the full collection of games, while preserving the retro feeling of individual titles.
- Global Leaderboards: See how scores stack up against players from around the world, in real time! Hold top scores across a multitude of Atari classics to become the master of a whole generation of video games.
- Multiplayer Capabilities: For the first time, square off against other players from across the globe for the ultimate test of head-to-head skill in online and local multiplayer.
- Full Controller Support: Experience a new level of control playing with your favorite controller. The touch-sensitive trackpad of the Steam Controller mimics the original trackball, providing a new level of control for titles like Centipede® and Tempest®.
- Archive: View interactive galleries that show original, detailed packaging, arcade machines in 3D with 360-degree views, and a wealth of historical press and advertising materials
So if you want to get your hands on old favorites like Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command; get on over to the Atari Vault Steam page.