CD Projekt Red has done a great job with how they handled DLC for their hit RPG Witcher 3, providing 16 pieces of Free DLC items including new quests, contracts, Gwent Cards, Horse Armour and alternate skins for other characters. It’s sad to say that the days of the game’s Free DLC is coming to an end.
It will go out with a bang however, as CD Projekt Red has announced that the last piece of DLC will be a New Game + mode. While no details have been stated on what will be carried over in the new mode, most games use New Game+ to carry Experience and items while allowing you to tweak the game’s difficulty settings. “Stay tuned for more info regarding the release,” the developer said on Facebook. “It won’t happen this week though — we need a little bit more time to finish it.”
There will be 2 paid DLC packs that will extend the game’s story, titled “Heart of Stone” and “Blood and Wine.” Combined the DLC looks to add 30 hours on top of the game.
Shortly after publishing the story, CD Projekt Red had confirmed what would be carried over in New Game+. According to community and website coordinator Marcin Momot on the game’s official forums, here is what you should expect from the upcoming DLC.
- Enemies will be stronger, obviously.
- What carries over? Player experience (if you’re below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money, and alchemy recipes.
- When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.
- You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.
- What’s the starting level of the character when beginning NG+? The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.