“My two days with Geralt were one of the most beautiful, most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life.” This is what a Journalist for the German gaming magazine Gamestar.de said after spending 12 hours playing CD Projekt Red’s Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. During that time he was able to reach level 7 and explored the world of the game without any limitations. The article was translated by members of NeoGaf forum who listed some of the key points about the latest build of the game.
Some of the Key points include:
- You can bargain for more money after finishing your monster contract through some sort of minigame.
- Novigrad and No Man’s Land are indeed one single map, much bigger than Skyrim. The isles of Skellige form the other big part of the game. Next to that, there are 5-6 other separated locations, including Kaer Morhen.
- The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively
- No Man’s Land features 25 smaller towns, some of which are the size of Flotsam from The Witcher 2.
- Journalist (level 7) was one shotted by a wyvern (level 24). No level scaling.
- Ciri sequences will be (in total) 5-10h and feel more like an action-adventure game than an RPG
- Fist-fighting is back, this time no QTE
- Journalist encountered no clone NPC’s
- Geralts beard will grow over time
- Encountered very few bugs, no crashes of freeze
It is great to hear the last point as the team had pushed the game back multiple times to make sure it was the best that they can deliver. Also some of these points are very interesting like how Geralts beard will grow in realtime and Ciri’s sequences acting more like a side story.
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is set for a May release.