Fans of Edmund McMillen’s “The Binding of Isaac” can rejoice as Nicalis has revealed the release date of the upcoming “Afterbirth” Expansion for October 30th on PC (with a console port coming soon.)
The Afterbirth DLC content will add a slew of new updates to the game which looks at add another 100+ hours to the game. Nicalis added a list of new features on the game’s Youtube page for it’s latest teaser trailer (slightly NSFW) stating that the upcoming expansion will include:
– Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play that features new endings and a final boss.
– Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
– Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
– 10 totally new and awesome challanges
– 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
– Totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
– 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
– 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types visual themes and surprises.
– New seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
– Expanded soundtrack!
– New room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms and ultra rare closets!
– Greatly expanded and updated HUD system
– Tons of new secret transformations
– 8 new bosses
– 25+ new enemies
– Updated weapon combo system
– Far too many new achievements
– 20 million new co-op babies
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth is the second update to the 2011 Twin-Stick-Shooter-Dungeon-Crawler after last year’s “Rebirth” which upgraded visuals and game engine, increased performance to boost frame rate, included a new soundtrack and sound design. You can check out our review of Rebirth here.