Ubisoft’s Steep, the skiing, snowboarding, paragliding game that game out last year in December and virtually disappeared shortly after, has been made an Official licensed product of the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 thanks to a new expansion called “Road to the Olympics.”
The expansion will launch on December 5th, 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and PC and will integrate a variety of professional athletes from all around the world into the in-game story mode, which will have players experience the journey of a young athlete training in three freestyle events (Big Air, Half Pipe and Slopestyle) in order to compete in the Olympic Winter Games and be the first athlete ever to win gold in 3 freestyle disciplines.
The DLC will also bring the unique South Korean Mountains, where the Olympic Winter Games will be held this February. Players will also get to explore the mountains of Japan.
Before each challenge, players will also be treated to training tips and insights from Olympians on the variety of events, track designs and the competition itself. Ubisoft listed the group of 10 legends and rising stars that will lend their knowledge to the players which includes:
- Lindsey Vonn, American Alpine Skiier, who has won numerous competitions, including a gold medal in the downhill event at the Olympic Winter Games 2010
- Kevin Rolland, French freestyle skier and progressive risk taker, who won an Olympic bronze medal in the halfpipe at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014
- Sage Kotsenburg, American snowboarder, who won the first-ever Olympic gold medal in men’s snowboard slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014
- Ayumu Hirano, Japanese competitive snowboarder, who won an Olympic silver medal in the halfpipe 2014 Olympics
- Alexis Pinturault, a French alpine ski racer and Olympic medalist in 2014 for Giant Slalom
- Tessa Worley, a French competitor of all five alpine disciplines and specialist of Giant Slalom
- The Australian snowboarder Scotty James, a 2x world Halfpipe champion and 2017 Superpipe champion
- Gus Kenworthy, a American freestyle skier, who won the silver medal in Ski Slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014
- Young American snowboarder and 2017 Slopestyle snowboarding champion, Julia Marino
- Bode Miller, an Olympic gold medalist and the most decorated male American alpine ski racer of all time
If you thought the DLC will only feature new Olympic style events, Ubisoft also confirmed that the expansion will feature fresh Alpine Skiing, Snowboard and Freestyle Skiing events, including Giant Slalom, Slalom, Super-G, Downhill, Parallel Giant Slalom, Halfpipe, Snowboard Cross, Slopestyle, Ski Halfpipe, Ski Cross and Ski Slopestyle.
Ubisoft has not confirmed a price for the DLC expansion at the time of this article.