The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is going to be receiving a huge expansion pack titled “Afterbirth” and creator Edmund McMillen has stated it will add another 100-200 hours of gameplay to the twisted dungeon crawler.
While there is more info to come on the new expansion, McMillen has announced some of the upgraded features.
- 100+ new items
- a full new game mode that will totally change how you play
- 10 new challenges
- a new playable character
- a new alternate final chapter
- new alt floors
- new game endings
- new final bosses
- tons of new bosses and enemies
- new item pickups, cards, pills, etc.
- tons of new achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard
- new co-op babies
- new transformations
McMillen also mentioned the possibility of adding new fan-suggested challenges including a boss rush mode, a challenge titled “Sonic” which gives players 99 coins and kills the player when they reach zero, as well as challenge called “High Rule” where players gain access to Mom’s Knife, a shield and boomerang. While they might not make it into the DLC, McMillen did state they were quality ideas.