The eSport inspired spin-off to the highly popular Dinosaur Survival game ARK: Survival Evolved is coming to PS4. ARK: Survival of the Fittest is a Multiplayer Online Survival Arena (M.O.S.A.) game that pits up to 72 combatants in a Hunger Games style multiplayer battles in a continuously shrinking map.
In ARK:SotF players can for Tribes of 1 to 6 players choose Unofficial (PC-hosted) and Official (Ranked) servers, and a variety of game-lengths and sizes in which to play. Dedicated eSports enthusists can play the game for cash each month in the game’s “Survivor League” where the top ten players will be awarded prizes corresponding to their ranked placement.
ARK developer Studio Wildcard also listed several key features in helpful bullet points to drive what you’ll be able to do in ARK:SotF.
- Offline practice mode, with optional split screen support
- Action-packed core survival gameplay
- 30-plus creatures to tame and ride at beta launch, many more planned at full launch
- Multiple game modes (Free For All, 2-Player Tribes, 4-Player Tribes, 6-Player Tribes)
- Variable game configurations ranging from 30-minute “instant action” to three-hour long “epic wars”
- Top-ranked players are listed dynamically on SurviveTheArk.com, as well as provided monthly prize packages!
- Game-changing tameable super creatures (Dragon, Giant Ape, Brood Mother)
- Random “Evolution Events”
- Arsenal of weapons, traps, armor, structures and other items from primitive to modern tech tiers
- Robust Ranking, Tournament & Spectator Features
- Custom-Painted “War Banners” enable Tribes to show off their team spirit on flags across their army of dinosaurs, and are broadcast on the gigantic billboards during game events. Just don’t draw anything offensive!
- A custom soundtrack written by award-winning composer Gareth Coker ofOri and the Blind Forest!
ARK: Survivial of the Fittest is set to release on PS4 on July 19th 2016.