While the obvious joke to poke fun of those who created their own Sonic the Hedgehog creations is there. The latest feature to be announced for the upcoming Sonic Forces, which sees Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic team up with a custom created character sounds interesting to say the least.
In Sonic Forces, players will be able to create a fully customized Sonic hero based on 7 different animals, each with their own abilities and weapons called Wispons, which are kind of like an upgraded version of the Color Powers found in Sonic Colors. As your own character, you’ll have access to various gadgets to help you traverse the world in 3D and 2D stages, switching occasionally to Classic and Modern Sonic for their own missions.
While you’ll be able to customize your look, the choice of animal will affect some special bonus powers for the character, Sega described each one for those who want to plan their design early.:
- Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged
Sonic Forces is due to launch this Holiday on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.