The psychotic slasher puzzle game, Slayaway Camp, is finally coming to consoles under the name Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut and features the biggest and bloodiest version of the game. Console players will get to slaying on Xbox One on October 23rd, PS4 on October 24th in North America and November 1st in Europe.
Created by Blue Wizard Digital, an indie studio formed by PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka, and featuring the voice talents of Mark Meer (Mass Effect’s Commander Shepard) as the murderous Skullface and Derek Mears (Jason Voorhees) as Jessica.
The game is a slider puzzle game that has players taking control of Skullface and killing the helpless teens in the game’s various scenarios with cartoonish violence inspired bby 80s slasher flicks. The Butcher’s Cut edition features even more puzzles, more killers and of course, plenty more gore.
Blue Wizard also release a more fine pointed key notes as of why The Butcher’s Cut is awesome.:
- Includes the base game and the following additional content: Deluxe Edition, My Gory Valentine, HellCamp, Monthly Murderers Series 1 & 2, Supernatural Forces, and Santa’s Slay
- 300+ Fiendish puzzle levels to massacre your way through
- 60+ Killers to cause comical carnage with, including deranged wackos such as Mutant Hillbilly, Kevin, and the killer inter-dimensional clown: THAT
- 90+ Gorepacks with delightfully OTT kill scenes to shock and entertain
- Starring Mark Meer (Cdr. Shepard from Mass Effect) as Skullface and Derek Mears (Jason from Friday the 13th) as Jessica
- Genuine hair-metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian group GNÜ TRUNTION
- Created by Jason Kapalka (Peggle, Bejewelled), Nate Schmold & Jessi Ross (Cosmochoria) and Ido Yehieli (Cardinal Quest)
- Slayaway Camp was recently selected as an overall winner at the annual Google Play Indie Games Festival
Achievements and Trophies (includes Platinum) added for Xbox One and PS4 versions
Localized in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian