When it comes to Music games, Rocksmith has broken the mold. Instead of focusing on multiple yearly releases, the team at Ubisoft San Francisco has been steadily releasing DLC songs, creating a robust DLC library of over 703 songs as of April 2016.
With the franchise reaching its 5th anniversary later this year, Ubisoft is releasing a special Remastered Edition for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Mac, which will bring some fan-requested features and several improvements.
If you already own any version of Rocksmith 2014, then don’t worry about having to shell out more money as all the improvements found in the Remastered Editions will be made available for Rocksmith 2014 (including PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.)
Ubisoft gave a list of the new features/improvements you can expect when the patch/remastered version of the game releases later this year:
- Manage your song library using updated Search, Sort, and Filter tools
- Search by artist or song name in Learn a Song, Score Attack, and the Shop—just enter the desired text with your keyboard or game controller
- Build custom Song Lists in Nonstop Play to group songs for personalized practice sessions
- Pause and navigate freely through entire tracks in Riff Repeater, and loop phrases more efficiently
- View all song arrangements from the improved Song Hub, and launch directly into any of them without changing paths
- Filter your Nonstop Play list by tuning, and switch between all available arrangements between songs
- Customize the rate of Dynamic Difficulty adjustments, or disable the feature altogether
- Track your progress with detailed in-game player statistics
New players will also be given a download voucher for 6 DLC songs, these songs will be available to all to purchase close to the Remastered launch.
- Bob Marley & The Wailers – Three Little Birds
- Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
- FUN. – Some Nights
- Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
- Outkast – Hey Ya!
- Train – Drops Of Jupiter
The new bundles and patch for the Remastered Editions are set to release on October 4th 2016.