Do you need more Anarchy in your rocket powered car soccer? Psyonix, the team behind the massively popular Rocket League will have just the thing for you with a free update called Rocket League Rumble, a new mode that will add some cool power-ups to your matches.
Like the “Hoops” and “Mutator” modes before it, Rocket League Rumble will be available in both Private and Exhibition matches. Psyonix was even kind enough to list the entire power-up list so you can plan your strategies around the new mode. The list of powers includes:
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
The mode will be available in September, and is planned to be part of a larger update. We’ll keep you updated on the new content as it’s announced. In the meantime, check out the awesome announcement trailer (which features music from “The Fat Rat”) above.