It’s almost safe to say that Nier Automata has been one of the more surprisingly successful releases of the year. The adventures of 2B, 9S and A2 has sold over a million copies and earned high praise from critics and fans.
Square Enix announced yesterday that they’ll be bringing some new content via DLC in the near future, starting with the “3C3C1D119440927” DLC Set. This set will include three exciting new colosseums to challenge, plus additional sub-quests which will unlock some of the following:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
To add to the game’s strangeness, one of the collosseum fights was also released showing battles against Square Enix and PlatinumGame’s CEOs – Yosuke Matsuda and Kenichi Sato. On top of being powerful fighters, the two CEOs also shoot their heads at you instead of bullets.
You can check out that immersion-breaking battle in the video above. Meanwhile check out the gallery of different costumes below.