Ubisoft announced the post launch plans for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Origins, which launches later this month. The first batch of new content announced is included in the game’s season pass which can be purchased separately or part of the Gold Edition.
The DLC includes some cosmetic goods as well as an addition to the game’s story and a Supernatural inspired story involving undead pharaohs, Anubis and giant scorpions. Here is a rundown of the full DLC Content coming in the Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass:
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities.
- Available in March, 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount.
- Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits, Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
There will also be a set of free content coming post launch as well including a wave-based horde mode, a timed based event where you fight Egyptian Gods, Photo Mode and the combat free discovery mode which turns Origins into an educational game. Here is the rundown from Ubisoft on what we can expect and when we can expect it.:
- The Trial of the Gods – Face off against the Egyptian gods in boss battles during special timed events, and receive valuable rewards for victory. Kicks off 15 days after launch.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar – Track down a wandering merchant who will give you daily quests to pursue and reward you with exotic mystery rewards. Available at launch.
- Photo Mode – Capture the beauty of the Egyptian landscape, indulge your inner wildlife photographer, and discover interesting photos taken by other players. Available at launch.
- Discovery Tour – This new game mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum. Read more about this mode and the educational guided tours in our previous coverage. Available in early 2018.
- Horde Mode – Hone your skills with blade and bow against endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena, see how your scores stack up, and challenge your friends asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
Assassin’s Creed Origins has already proven itself to be more ambitious than we’d imagine by adding a large amount of RPG elements to the game. We’ll have to see how it all works out when the game releases on October 27 on PS4, PC and Xbox One.